Role: Sales Representative
Start Date: February 2023
To Apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
You are a relationship person. You love the opportunity to meet new people and tell the story of an exciting new brand that will improve the world by eliminating plastic waste. You come up with creative ways to capture someone’s attention while maintaining professionalism. You love to educate retailers about products, especially those in the sustainability space that will support their stores and their customers.
You have worked in retail sales before and understand how buying, planograms, product knowledge and merchandising works. You come with a list of stores you would love to see Better Basics in, and know how to reach the right people. You are interested in researching new avenues for Better Basics to show up across Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco and LA. You are a charismatic self-starter who gains the most satisfaction from helping to build a brand that you believe in.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Research into new stores, partners, community events and community locations where we could showcase Better Basics
- Outreach to new stores including in-person and online, product knowledge sessions
- Follow up with existing accounts and supporting with order fulfillment, education on new products, merchandising and marketing support
- Arranging and setting up pop-up shops throughout the summer including organizing the venue, coordinating marketing and promotion, ordering products and materials, setting up and working the event
- Setting up tradeshow events including organizing the booth, buying inventory, creating materials and hosting the booth
- Creating sales and marketing materials
- Helping brainstorm promotions and activities to support reaching sales goals
- Analysing sales results and identifying opportunity for enhancing performance
- Creating workback schedules for fulfilling orders for accounts and inventory
- Coordinating the shipment of products into Canada and to our accounts. Working with our shipping broker to ensure they have all of the paperwork required and updating our suppliers, distributors and marketing team with timelines
- Ensuring all materials and products are delivered on time as according to the product launch calendar
- Updating and maintaining the company weekly task list
- Customer support: follow up on orders, misplaced or damaged items, coordinating with the shipping company
- Undergraduate degree in Business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in retail sales
- 1-2 years working in a professional environment
- Charismatic self starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Can hustle hard and put on a great event
- Reliable and professional
- Interest in business and growth
- A passion for sustainability
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is in constant pursuit of innovation and improvement
- Access to a computer
- Driver’s license with access to a car or car sharing
- Funding for this role is provided by the government of Canada.
- Participants will also be asked to complete a questionnaire to report on their experience with the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Participants must consent the Government of Canada for the collection, uses and disclosure of the information in form EMP5397
- Participant(s) will work a minimum of 12 hours per week for a period of six to twenty three weeks. The hours of work will not exceed 40 hours per week;
Better Basics is an equal opportunity employer.