part-time, 4-6 month contract
Location: Remote (Vancouver)
To Apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Role:
You wake up every morning with the desire to change the world. You are a passionate conscious consumer, and want to bring your knowledge of everyday sustainable habits to a growing community of like-minded people. You thrive on newness, meeting new people, creating new content, and developing new systems. At the end of the day, you are most fulfilled when you have had the opportunity to create something that will leave a positive impact.
You are a digital native who lives and breathes social media, with a solid grasp of the ins and outs of an e-commerce business. You are a natural communicator and creator. You are a multi-tasker who is eager to learn and take on new projects. You’re a self-starter who likes to figure it out before asking. You notice all of the little details.
You are a go-getter and willing to get your hands dirty with whatever task is most needed. You seize the opportunity to learn how to create a brand and execute a growing e-commerce business.
Above all else, you care about working for a brand that is purpose-driven with ambitious goals.
SOCIAL MEDIA + CAMPAIGN SUPPORT:
- Social media content creation, writing, scheduling in Later Media and engagement across priority channels (Instagram + TikTok) and secondary channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest)
- Social media engagement, including responding to comments, DMs, and actively seeking relevant content to engage with
- Influencer outreach, gifting, and content-creation opportunities
- Supporting the creation of campaigns and photo shoots by writing briefs, researching competitor advertising and photos, project managing photo shoots
- Reviewing the marketing calendar and brainstorming new content ideas and campaigns
- Proofreading ad campaigns, packaging, and website content
- Writing blogs and/or working with writers and content creators
- Sourcing blog post inspiration and content, supporting with the creation and uploading of blog posts, writing blog content, and sourcing imagery
- Gathering data and analytics throughout the month and reporting on findings to inform future content, while remaining up to date on current social media trends
GENERAL MARKETING SUPPORT
- Support in the execution of brand partnerships and wholesale partnerships
- Event support including booth set up, actively educating, selling, and supporting new customers
- Coordinating printing projects
- Product testing and development support
- Project management: updating the marketing calendar and task list
- Merchandising the Better Basics Shopify website including updating product pages, product collections, and shop layout
- Website communications support may include blog writing, updating of e-commerce product pages, shop pages, etc.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on Shopify, Google Analytics, Later Media
- Customer support: follow up on orders, misplaced or damaged items, coordinating with the shipping company
- Coordinating order changes with our distribution hub
- Ordering shipping materials when necessary
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred
- 1-2 years of experience producing social media, marketing or project management
- 1-2 years working in a professional environment
- Strong communication skills
- Goal oriented
- Creative eye
- Passion for sustainability
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is in constant pursuit of innovation and improvement
- Access to a computer and recent phone for social media