Role: Marketing Coordinator
Start Date: May 2021
To Apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Role:
You wake up every morning with the desire to change the world. You are a passionate conscious consumer, and want to bring your knowledge of everyday great sustainable habits to a growing community of like-minded people. You thrive on newness, meeting new people, creating new content, developing new systems. At the end of the day, you are most fulfilled when you have had the opportunity to create something that will leave a positive impact.
You are interested in online marketing and have a great knowledge of social media, email, websites, and online shopping. You care most about working for a brand that is purpose-driven with ambitious goals. You are a strong communicator and creator. You are a multi-tasker, eager to learn and take on new projects. You’re a self starter who likes to figure it out before asking. You notice all of the little details.
You are a go-getter and willing to get your hands dirty with whatever task is most needed. You seize the opportunity to learn how to create a brand, and execute a growing ecommerce business.
SOCIAL MEDIA + CAMPAIGN SUPPORT:
- social media content creation, writing, scheduling in Later Media and engagement for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Influencer outreach, gifting and content-creation opportunities
- supporting the creation of campaigns and photo shoots by writing briefs, researching competitor advertising and photos, project managing photo shoots
- reviewing the marketing calendar and brainstorming new content ideas and campaigns
- proofreading ad campaigns, packaging and website content
- writing blogs and/or working with writers and content creators
GENERAL MARKETING SUPPORT
- Support in the execution of brand partnerships and wholesale partnerships
- event support including setting up the booth, actively educating, selling and supporting new customers
- coordinating printing projects
- product testing and development support
- project management: updating the marketing calendar and task list
- merchandising the Better Basics Shopify website including updating product pages, product collections and shop layout
- website communications support may include blog writing, updating of ecommerce product pages, shop pages, etc.
- weekly and monthly reporting on Shopify, Google Analytics, Later Media
- customer support: follow up on orders, misplaced or damaged items, coordinating with the shipping company
- coordinating order changes with our distribution hub
- ordering shipping materials when necessary
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred
- 1-2 years of experience producing social media, marketing or project management
- 1-2 years working in a professional environment
- strong communication skills
- goal oriented
- self starter
- creative eye
- a passion for sustainability
- possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is in constant pursuit of innovation and improvement
- access to a computer and recent phone for social media
Canada Summer Grant
- Partial funding for this role is provided by the government of Canada.
- Participants will also be asked to complete a questionnaire to report on their experience with the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Participants must consent the Government of Canada for the collection, uses and disclosure of the information in form EMP5397
- Participant(s) will work a minimum of 12 hours per week for a period of six to twenty three weeks. The hours of work will not exceed 40 hours per week;